Announcing the 2020 British White Cattle Association Annual Membership Meeting Lexington, Nebraska, September 11, 2020
Venue: Holiday Inn Express, 2605 Plum Creek Pkwy, Lexington, NE 68850 (308) 324-9900
- Arrival Thursday Sept 10 – Hotel: Register for your room by August 27th for the “British White cattle” Block Rate of $100 per night for two Queens or single King. If you decide at the last minute to come and haven’t reserved your room, call the hotel anyway, because if there are rooms available, you will receive the block rate.
- BWCAA Reception, Thursday evening: “Wild Horse Room” from 6 p.m. till 10 p.m. You may register early for Friday’s meeting. Registration for the meeting is $35 per person.
- Friday morning 5:30 to 7:30 – Holiday Inn guests can enjoy a Complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar including scrambled eggs or egg omelets, bacon, sausage or ham and biscuits and gravy. Also included are a variety of cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, English muffins, bagels, pancakes and beverages.
- Holiday Inn guests may take advantage of the 24 hour pool and 24 hour Complimentary Fitness Center.
- BWCAA Meeting, Friday morning September 11; Registration: 8:30 a.m. $35/person, Pebble Beach Room. Featuring two University of Nebraska Extension scientists/educators; Brent Plugge discusses factors to look for when selecting replacement heifers, and Mary Drewnoski discusses helping cows cope with cold stress.
- Catered lunch is included in registration fee. Fund-raising auction. Announcement of the 2020 “Heifer for Youth” recipient.
- Meeting concludes after lunch, followed by tour of Darr Feedlot. Then proceed to Kugler’s Buffalo Hills Ranch to visit several friendly British White cattle, socialize and enjoy a cookout starting at 6 p.m.
- Members wishing to bring cattle for private sale or trade may pen them at the Kugler Ranch.
- Other accommodations within a half mile of the Holiday Inn Express include Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Econolodge and Super 8.
Top Lexington Attractions:
- Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (1/2 mile from hotel)
- Mac’s Creek Winery and Brewery (5 miles north of hotel)
- Dawson County Historical Museum (3 miles from hotel)
- Lexington’s Family Aquatic Center (2 miles from hotel)
- Chester’s Antiques Home and Garden (2 miles from hotel)
Air travel: Kearney (40 miles east of Lexington) served by United, 2 flights/day to/from Denver, one flight/day to/from Chicago; North Platte 60 miles west of Lexington – 2 United flights/day to/from Denver, Grand Island, 85 miles east of Lexington, served from Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas/Ft. Worth.