BWCAA Photo Contest for the 2020 BWCAA Calendar
Entries will be accepted until July 30, 2019.
The British White Cattle Association of America is holding its annual photo contest in conjunction with the production of an 8” X 10”” British White Wall Calendar for the year 2020. We endeavor to publish some great new photos of our beloved breed for the enjoyment of all. Primarily, the purpose of the photo contest is to engage our members to share in a fun event. The calendars will be sold at cost beginning at the Annual Meeting, Sept. 27-28, 2019 in Shawnee, OK. They can also be purchased from the Association office. They make great Christmas and promotional gifts. After that date they can be ordered by email or by calling the office at 218-568-7003.
|Advertisement Opportunities are available in the 2020 BWCAA Calendar
Members who would like to purchase a $100 ad for one month of the calendar can call Sue at the BWCAA office and reserve a month on a “first-come/first served” basis. Ads, business cards or other artwork will appear in the blank day-spaces on the calendar of the month they sponsor. Advertisers are responsible for providing the copy-ready information.
One photo of British White cattle will be chosen as the featured photo for each month of the calendar year. Members will have the opportunity to vote on their choice of the best 12 photos from the final cut of 24 as determined by the contest committee. Check them out on the BWCAA website August 15th. The results of the voting will be announced at our Annual Meeting in September.
Voting by members will take place from August 15 through August 30, 2019 by email or regular mail, with one vote per email address/member.
- One must be an Active, Associate or Jr. Member of BWCAA to submit photos.
- Only photos of Registered British White Cattle or their offspring will be eligible.
- One member may submit up to 5 photos.
- Entries should be submitted in jpg format at the camera’s highest pixel setting. If emailing, restrict the size of the file to less than 3 MB in size. Higher resolution photos can be submitted on a disc. Suggested pixel size for digital photo entries should be close to 3675 wide by 3300 high.
- Emailed entries should be sent to [email protected] . Discs should be mailed to BWCAA 6656 45th Avenue SW, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472.
- Discs will not be returned. Entries that are lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected or technically corrupted or garbled will be disqualified. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by BWCAA. Entries must be fully original creations of the entrants, and must not have been submitted to any other contest. Entries must not infringe or violate rights of third parties, including copyrights, trademarks or rights of publicity/privacy. If BWCAA determines that an insufficient number of entries were received, it may cancel the contest.
- Submit only non-altered photos.
- Entries will be accepted through July 30, 2019.By participating in the contest, it is understood that submitted photos become the property of BWCAA and can be used by BWCAA in other publications, videos, advertisements, etc., without compensation to the entrant. Submission of entry constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, city, and state of residence for purposes of publicity or promotion. Also, entrants release and agree to hold harmless BWCAA and its respective successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability for any claim, loss, damage, cost, or expense resulting from the entrant’s participation in the contest or any contest related activity.
|Wanted: short clever quips about British White cattle for the 2020 BWCAA Calendar. These will be placed at the bottom of the page of each month. As an example: “Don’t sit down among a bunch of baby British White calves, they’ll end up in your lap!” (Hopefully you can do better than this.) Please send them to John Kugler at [email protected]|